How long does it take for you to apply your face of a morning? I know girls who literally take well over an hour to apply – then there are others who literally smash it out in minutes.
Don’t get me wrong, I mean I could totally take HOURS getting ready – Make up is FUN! My ‘glamour’ look can take about an hour to do when I am taking my time and attempting to achieve perfection. Having said this, I don’t have time to be GLAM everyday (and who the hell WANTS TO?) I barely have time to brush my hair of a morning before work, LOL!
I rely on my everyday make up routine to help me feel confident. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to apply and I still manage to make our daughters school lunch, and even find my Husband’s socks before I have to leave the house ahaha.
Here is how my weekday morning goes –
- 1. Brush my toothypegs! This helps me to not only ‘wake up’ but to also get rid of that horrible morning breath – yes, I suffer from morning breath – doesn’t everyone? MY toothpaste is magical, naturally whitens teeth while offering 24hr protection against plaque – Our company holds the patent.
- 2. Wash my face. Every morning, I cleanse, tone and moisturise. Then I apply a primer; My primer minimises pores and helps my eye and wrinkle creams to ‘soak’ in more beneficially.
- 3. Apply my Ideal Eyes and Line Corrector creams (anti-ageing baby!!) One rids the dark bags under my eyes (that I no longer have) and the other, removes lines – again, I no longer have these.
- 4. Apply my foundation. I blend using my hands – BAD I know, but this works for me. I figure as it’s a pump bottle, I shouldn’t be collecting any bacteria, right? HA!
- 5. Apply my Finishing Powder. I LOVE my Finishing Powder; it not only banishes shine, it also gives a matte appearance – LOVE! I tend to have a shine at the end of the day if I haven’t applied this – shiny ain’t cute!
- 6. Apply a blush. I use this differently than some. I apply on my cheeks, tip of my nose, around the top of my forehead and framed around my face. I like how it gives colour to your complexion. *If I am going for a contoured look – I use my bronzer!!
- 7. Apply my eyelash and eyebrow growth serum – This is AMAZING!! Naturally longer and thicker lashes – I’m working on my brows now that this saved my eyelashes – NEVER again will I get eyelash extensions again!!! I literally had 0.05cm long lashes at one point
- 8. Line and fill my Brows – I have only thee best eyebrow compact. I line my brows, starting light from the inside and darker to the ends. This compact is PERFECT! Handy travel size, and also comes with tweezers, brush and spooly <- so sure this is misspelt, shh!
- 9. Apply my Curl & Lash Mascara – the wand has a beautiful curve that lifts the lashes and lengthens them, I use this basically everyday; it’s perfect for everyday and perfect for full glamour! I honestly don’t know why some people don’t wear it – it wakes me up, making your eyeballs POP! Always wear mascara. (It’s a water based mascara, meaning it is safe to use, if you have eyelash extensions.)
- 10. LIPS! I love a pop of colour, I love the POWERLIPS Fluid more though! Amazing matte shades that don’t bleed or transfer, while infusing beneficial vitamins and hydration to make your lips look and feel amazing. If I don’t feel like colour, I use any sort of clear or lightly tinted lip balm.
- 11. HIGHLIGHT BOO!!! I have a few amazing (and cheap) highlighters that I use occasionally – I use this on top of my cheek bone, around my temple, a little on the tip of my nose and again on top and bottom of the ends of my brows .. I LOVE a good highlight. I use this for everyday and Glamour .. mostly glamour though.
- 12. Lastly, but most importantly – setting spray! Mine is a multipurpose spray! This just sets my make up – by the time I finish work, I come home looking the exact same as when I left – WINNING.
That’s my morning routine – the longest part of my routine would be cleaning my face. It’s one of the most important steps; you’re removing old, bacteria ridden make up, removing dead skin cells, cleaning your face; allowing your make up application much smoother (literally) PLUS, this just ensures a clean and flawless finish.
I enjoy cleaning my face! I used to think it was pointless – about a year ago, I began religiously washing my face, morning and night – I very quickly saw the benefits and haven’t stopped since!
The right skin care routine is paramount – as is quality make up.
I want to know what your skin routine looks like. What product/s are you using?
If you’re wanting some help in finding the right skin care system for YOU; email me at firstname.lastname@example.org – I am always looking to help improve people’s lives; I especially enjoy watching the transformation; physically as well as the mental changes, you just FEEL better with a quality skin care system – products to suit every budget.
I have helped many women create a skin care routine, one thing they all have in common? Their Self Confidence absolutely SOARS!! That makes me so happy – my mission, I want to help restore confidence, or help someone achieve it for the first time in their life.