How long does it take for you to apply your face of a morning? I know girls who literally take well over an hour to apply – then there are others who literally smash it out in minutes.
Don’t get me wrong, I mean I could totally take HOURS getting ready – Make up is FUN! My ‘glamour’ look can take about an hour to do when I am taking my time and attempting to achieve perfection. Having said this, I don’t have time to be GLAM everyday (and who the hell WANTS TO?) I barely have time to brush my hair of a morning before work, LOL!
I rely on my everyday make up routine to help me feel confident. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to apply and I still manage to make our daughters school lunch, and even find my Husband’s socks before I have to leave the house ahaha.
Here is how my weekday morning goes –
- 1. Brush my toothypegs! This helps me to not only ‘wake up’ but to also get rid of that horrible morning breath – yes, I suffer from morning breath – doesn’t everyone? MY toothpaste is magical, naturally whitens teeth while offering 24hr protection against plaque – Our company holds the patent.
- 2. Wash my face. Every morning, I cleanse, tone and moisturise. Then I apply a primer; My primer minimises pores and helps my eye and wrinkle creams to ‘soak’ in more beneficially.
- 3. Apply my Ideal Eyes and Line Corrector creams (anti-ageing baby!!) One rids the dark bags under my eyes (that I no longer have) and the other, removes lines – again, I no longer have these.
- 4. Apply my foundation. I blend using my hands – BAD I know, but this works for me. I figure as it’s a pump bottle, I shouldn’t be collecting any bacteria, right? HA!
- 5. Apply my Finishing Powder. I LOVE my Finishing Powder; it not only banishes shine, it also gives a matte appearance – LOVE! I tend to have a shine at the end of the day if I haven’t applied this – shiny ain’t cute!
- 6. Apply a blush. I use this differently than some. I apply on my cheeks, tip of my nose, around the top of my forehead and framed around my face. I like how it gives colour to your complexion. *If I am going for a contoured look – I use my bronzer!!
- 7. Apply my eyelash and eyebrow growth serum – This is AMAZING!! Naturally longer and thicker lashes – I’m working on my brows now that this saved my eyelashes – NEVER again will I get eyelash extensions again!!! I literally had 0.05cm long lashes at one point
- 8. Line and fill my Brows – I have only thee best eyebrow compact. I line my brows, starting light from the inside and darker to the ends. This compact is PERFECT! Handy travel size, and also comes with tweezers, brush and spooly <- so sure this is misspelt, shh!
- 9. Apply my Curl & Lash Mascara – the wand has a beautiful curve that lifts the lashes and lengthens them, I use this basically everyday; it’s perfect for everyday and perfect for full glamour! I honestly don’t know why some people don’t wear it – it wakes me up, making your eyeballs POP! Always wear mascara. (It’s a water based mascara, meaning it is safe to use, if you have eyelash extensions.)
- 10. LIPS! I love a pop of colour, I love the POWERLIPS Fluid more though! Amazing matte shades that don’t bleed or transfer, while infusing beneficial vitamins and hydration to make your lips look and feel amazing. If I don’t feel like colour, I use any sort of clear or lightly tinted lip balm.
- 11. HIGHLIGHT BOO!!! I have a few amazing (and cheap) highlighters that I use occasionally – I use this on top of my cheek bone, around my temple, a little on the tip of my nose and again on top and bottom of the ends of my brows .. I LOVE a good highlight. I use this for everyday and Glamour .. mostly glamour though.
- 12. Lastly, but most importantly – setting spray! Mine is a multipurpose spray! This just sets my make up – by the time I finish work, I come home looking the exact same as when I left – WINNING.
That’s my morning routine – the longest part of my routine would be cleaning my face. It’s one of the most important steps; you’re removing old, bacteria ridden make up, removing dead skin cells, cleaning your face; allowing your make up application much smoother (literally) PLUS, this just ensures a clean and flawless finish.
I enjoy cleaning my face! I used to think it was pointless – about a year ago, I began religiously washing my face, morning and night – I very quickly saw the benefits and haven’t stopped since!
The right skin care routine is paramount – as is quality make up.
I want to know what your skin routine looks like. What product/s are you using?
If you’re wanting some help in finding the right skin care system for YOU; email me at firstname.lastname@example.org – I am always looking to help improve people’s lives; I especially enjoy watching the transformation; physically as well as the mental changes, you just FEEL better with a quality skin care system – products to suit every budget.
I have helped many women create a skin care routine, one thing they all have in common? Their Self Confidence absolutely SOARS!! That makes me so happy – my mission, I want to help restore confidence, or help someone achieve it for the first time in their life.
Until next time Beauties xx Stay safe always!
Let’s face it, some days we don’t want to get out of bed, but we do and it’s no biggie, right .. I feel like it’s human nature, to wake up and be all like, ‘..just 5 more minutes, I need this more than anything’😆 before carrying on with your day.
But then there are those mornings when you physically struggle – you’re simply unable to keep your pretty eyes open – let alone actually stay awake and then having to actually drag that arse of yours out of bed! ..😅 These are generally the mornings my eyes go ‘cooky’, if I’m trying to look at my phone, or even try to keep them open, my eyes go weird and I cannot focus without closing one or both eyes; I fall in and out of sleep without meaning to, I’m just so tired .. painfully tired, I don’t wanna get up .. I can’t get up LOL my eyelids are too heavy. This usually leads to a shitty day!!!
This is what I refer to as my ‘cannot be bothered’ days.
These ‘cannot be bothered’ mornings are where I typically find myself skipping my Skin Care routine; These are the mornings we’re I’m flat out brushing my teeth – therefore, also less likely to apply Make Up, or properly brush my hair before leaving the house; It honestly comes down to a lack of physical motivation; Not cleaning my skin, applying make up or brushing my hair makes me feel .. unpretty (calm your farm, I know it ain’t a word), I just feel low though, I feel bad, inferior even. I feel uninspired, it’s hard to describe – I just don’t feel confident, I’m just being honest ✋🏽 I have to leave my house and go to work, I have things to do (like most of you) so these ‘cannot be bothered’ days, cannot be ignored, they must be conquered; It doesn’t stop at just not being able to get out of bed or washing your face, it also puts you in a BAD mood for the day!
As I know I’m not the only one who suffers with this problemo, I’m going to share a handy-dandy TIP with you. One that works for me more often than not. Right now, I’m focusing on Self Love and Self Care; so for me it’s important that I do something to at least try make myself feel better. Let’s be honest, no one WANTS to feel like absolute CRAP for one day, let alone indefinitely! We deserve to feel Confident, happy and content, especially with ourselves.
My SOLUTION is something that not only helps me to physically feel GOOD about myself, but also something to give the illusion that I have indeed, made an effort, too. (This won’t break the bank either, you no doubt already have these) **BONUS**
My #SNOBFACETIP 👉🏽 LIPS & MASCARA
On my ‘can’t be bothered’ days, (unless physically sick) The one thing I can count on to boost my self confidence, is adding some colour to my lips and applying some mascara. That’s it. Mood drastically changed. Instantly that bold lip and defined eye gives me a boost of much needed confidence.
It doesn’t mask my need for sleep, however I do feel alive as opposed to blah. I feel more prepared for the day.👄 A bit of colour goes a long way, Ladies! A lip colour and defined eye can be powerful. It helps me walk with my head held high, it helps me in many ways.
WHAT I’M USING 💄
The company I’ve been partnered with for just over a year now, have recently released an innovative, ultra long lasting lip colour, called POWERLIPS Fluid. Full of so many goodies and nothing harsh, you’re essentially treating yourself while using!
I purchased the shade ‘Confidence’ on launch day and fell in love! Since using this lip colour, I’ve not used anything else since! (👋🏽Goodbye Kylie and lip sense – I’ve found better!) I love the texture, it goes on smooth and in one step, it’s a thick and creamy consistency. The smell is delicious, stays on nicely for a whole day and the best part: Cleans off easily with my cleansing water. I especially love how wearing the POWERLIPS Fluid, my lips are still hydrated and soft afterwards. Something that’s rare with other lip brands, usually my lips are dry and cracked afterwards, I always had to bathe my lips on Paw Paw cream after wearing Kylie and Lip Sense.😅 Their colours are all pretty cool too though, won’t lie.
Luckily, I’ve since bought the 8 pack of lip colours, I’ve already retired my old shades in other brands and sticking with the POWERLIPS Fluid .. until I find a better product haha 🙏🏽 I’m grateful for relaunches though – especially when you scored the shades you thought were never going to be released again; which reminds me how I hate when companies say or imply a specific shade won’t be available after a certain time .. but then they are? That irritates me! It comes off as dishonest to me. I’m going to email, perhaps I misunderstood something, dunno. (Calm down, rants another time, SNOBFACE haha)
Going back to my my number one MUST DO when our ‘cannot be bothered’ days creep up.. Always have time to put on some lip colour and mascara ! Even if it helps your mood by smidge! If you’re feeling uninspired or need a boost at any time throughout the day, go and apply some colour! Let it change your mood, uplift yourself. Why punish yourself into feeling badly all day?
TRUST ME when I tell you, you’ll look a lot more put together and will feel physically better for it too! BONUS SNOBFACE TIP✨ those sassy, messy buns give me LIFE on the ‘cannot be bothered’ days!
💋 SNOBFACE xx
🤔 DID YOU KNOW – a Hair Brush is doing damage to your precious locks??
When I jump in the shower and wash my hair, the last thing I knew was that my hair would swell and stretch by as much as 20-30%!! Mind blowing, right? When we get out of the shower, our hair is obviously still wet, we usually towel dry and brush; in doing so, brushing with a hair brush when your hair is wet, can actually snap it like a piece of uncooked spaghetti. The way you’re towel drying could be damaging your hair, too. I don’t want you to continue to damage your hair! 🙅🏼♀️ NOT what we want, Ladies! Let’s make a change!
Without regular trims, the split ends travel further up, weakening your hair. The way you’re towel drying your hair and brushing causes disastrous consequences that generally result in the need for a massive chop in order to fix. (Internally dying at the thought 🙄 ARGHH 😖)
To avoid unnecessary breakage from here on out, do yourself a solid and use a COMB rather than a brush. A comb makes it a glorious task removing tangles in dry or wet hair – always remember to work tangles out starting from the ENDS, this makes the job far easier, while offering visible long term results.
💆🏼♀️ When you COMB your hair, you’re actually stimulating your scalp and that helps to increase blood flow; The increased circulation caused by combing brings with it more oxygen and nutrients, which nourish the hair roots and PROMOTE hair growth. Can I get a HELL YEAH! Combing also activates the sebaceous gland, which produces sebum (scalp’s natural oil) – healthy and beneficial for your hair.
💆🏼♀️Combing my Hair feels soo good! I spend about 5 minutes just running my comb through my hair, feels like a massage and helps to keep your scalp and hair in good health, the way I see it, a healthy scalp equals healthy hair! We ALL should be aiming for a healthier 2018! 💁🏼♀️
It’s time to ditch your hair brush Ladies and fall in love with a comb! Below are my favourite types of combs to use. If you have decided to make a switch, let me know in the comments or shoot me an email.
💋 SNOBFACE XX
I shared with you the other day that I was about to embark on a new skin care routine, due to the change in season. I started that evening, saw some amazing results after using just once.
My skin type is a combination to oily, in summer the oil seems to pull through my makeup and gives me that shiny glare, you know, in all the wrong places! #notexactlycute
My nose is the worst place this happens, I’ve decided to do something about it now that I have quality and affordable products in reach!
I used to use a facewash & toner in one, its infused with vitamin C and fights sunspots and premature ageing while it works. I LOVE this facewash, however with the change of season I need something a little more.
We all know that oil on the skin generally turn into pimples or acne, who wants to deal with that?? NOT ME, and you shouldn’t be either! I took advantage of a Christmas Sale and already grateful I did!
So WHAT sort of results are visible after just one wash? Well, to begin with my skin was smooth and soft all over; My skin was firmer too. There is a special sort of moisturiser that leaves a matte finish – therefore pores appear smaller if not completely gone!! Now, I don’t know about you, but results after just one Use is pretty damn amazing! It’s what I’ve spent my hard earned money on!! What’s better is the fact that when I woke up that morning, my face STILL looked fresh and flawless – to the point where I contemplated NOT wearing make up, in fact I didn’t (I had called in sick that day, so visited the doctors and chemist only).
This evening I’ll be showing you these products and explaining a little about them. I am a Direct Seller for this company; so if you’re interested in knowing more about any of the products, or pack – just drop me a comment or email me at email@example.com
I’m thoroughly overwhelmed with the results, I love spending money on things that not only work but last too!!
Do YOU have a skin care routine you swear by? I want to hear about it xx